WHAT DOES A SPARTAN VOLUNTEER DO?
Spartan Volunteers are the backbone of every Spartan Race. As a Spartan Race volunteer, you will ensure that our racers and spectators have an epic experience.
Your efforts make the Spartan Race the best obstacle racing series, and ensure a great experience for thousands of participants. Spartan Race would not be what it is without you and your motivation!
We have different missions for you as a volunteer: on festival area, on the race, on registration…
Spartan Volunteers work closely with Spartan Race staff.
Days open to volunteering: Volunteering is possible from Wednesday or Thursday (depending of the event) till the day before the event to help the organization to finalize the details to offer the best race ever to the participants.
And of course the day(s) of the race, Saturday and Sunday. We also need help the day after the race to make the inventory, clean…
So you can register the day of your choice and even for several days, it will then take the registration process several times with your same account. Below are the different missions during the race day:
- Management of Obstacles: control the security on obstacles, encourage Spartans, control penalties (Burpees), control the participants flow, contact medical in case of emergency. (you will never be alone, we are still trying to position 2-3 volunteers on the posts during the day)
- Registration: Welcome of participants, giving the Spartan pack…
- Management of the Bag Check: Welcome of participants, reception and distribution of racers bag.
- Start and Finish Line operations: Final aid station, t-shirts distribution, management of the flow, organisation of the start and control.
- Aid stations: hand out drinks and snacks to the racers on the course
What’s in it for me?
We are excited to announce a new volunteer program from 2020. Please Stand by, coming soon!
If you need more information about the volunteer code, please consult our special “FAQ volunteer section”
How do I sign up?
Registrations for TWC 2020 will open soon, please stand by for details!
If you have any question and didn’t find an answer in our Volunteers FAQ, the Volunteer Coordinator can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org. Just make sure to include the race location you are interested in when you email.
One last thing, do not forget to join our Volunteer Facebook Group!
Join the group to talk about your Spartan Volunteer experience or to ask your questions!
Thank you, Spartan Volunteers!