WHAT DOES A SPARTAN VOLUNTEER DO?
Spartan Volunteers are the backbone of every Spartan Race. As a Spartan Race volunteer, you will ensure that our racers and spectators have an epic experience.
Your efforts make the Spartan Race the best obstacle racing series, and ensure a great experience for thousands of participants. Spartan Race would not be what it is without you and your motivation!
We have different missions for you as a volunteer: on festival area, on the race, on registration…
Spartan Volunteers work closely with Spartan Race staff in the following areas:
- Obstacle enforcement: control the security on obstacles, encourage Spartans, control penalties (Burpees), control the participants flow, contact medical in case of emergency, be at the aid station (you will work on 2-3 posts during the day)
- Registration: Welcome of participants, giving the Spartan pack…
- Bag check for racers: Welcome of participants, reception and distribution of racers bag.
- Start and Finish Line operations: Final aid station, t-shirts distribution, management of the flow, organisation of the start and control.
- Logistics: Various tasks on the festival area. Helping other posts (registration, bag check…), start line…
What’s in it for me?
- For all the all day long volunterring*, a free entry to any Western European Races** Sprint. You can use your free race at the event you volunteer, or at any future race.
(One day of volunteering = 1 Sprint, Two days of volunteering = 1 Super)
Be Careful, the free code process could be change between if you want to run on the weekend of volunteering or in an other weekend. Please visit our Spartan Volunteer FAQ for more info.
- A Spartan Volunteer tee shirt
- Snacks and lunch
- Free parking entry
- Additional exciting perks for full day volunteers may be offered
- A fun, action filled day helping to put on the best obstacle course race in the world!
How do I sign up?
Follow these simple steps!
STEP 1: From the menu on the right part of the page you can choose in which day(s) you want to volunteer.
STEP 2: Select the race you are interested in from the drop down, and fill out your information. Make sure to pay special attention when typing your email address, because this is how we will get in touch with you. You will receive information about 10 days before the event.
STEP 3: Pay close attention to your email, especially as the race gets closer. Your Volunteer Coordinator will send you all final details, parking passes, etc. via email.
STEP 4: BURPEES. Make sure you know how to do a proper burpee HERE!
STEP 5: Show up! If you sign up, we expect you to show up. We need you!
I have a question that wasn’t answered in the FAQ, how do I contact the specific Volunteer Coordinator for my race?
All Volunteer Coordinators can be reached at email@example.com. Just make sure to include the race location you are interested in when you email.
Thank you, Spartan Volunteers!
Do not forget to join our Volunteer Facebook Group!
We couldn’t do this without you!
* A day of voluntary service is equivalent to a full day, that is to say of the volunteer’s score, to the depointing of the volunteer by the Volunteer Officer at the level of the Voluntary Space. Any failure at this step should not be voluntary to retrieve the free code. ** Sprint or Super only courses (Beast, Ultra, Hurricane Heat not included) are included in code usage. The codes will be valid in foreign countries according to the following list: Spain, Italy, Germany, Austria, France, Andorra. The validation of codes abroad must be requested by e-mail to the service customer.