WHAT DOES A SPARTAN VOLUNTEER DO?
Spartan Volunteers are the backbone of every Spartan Race. As a Spartan Race volunteer, you will ensure that our racers and spectators have an epic experience.
Your efforts make the Spartan Race the best obstacle racing series, and ensure a great experience for thousands of participants. Spartan Race would not be what it is without you and your motivation!
We have different missions for you as a volunteer: on festival area, on the race, on registration…
Spartan Volunteers work closely with Spartan Race staff.
Days open to volunteering:
Volunteering is possible from Thursday 4th of November to Sunday 7th of November 2021.
You will have the chance to choose between All day & Half Day shifts.
So you can register the day of your choice and even for several days, it will then take the registration process several times with your same account. Below are the different missions during the race day:
- Management of Obstacles: control the security on obstacles, encourage Spartans, control penalties (Burpees), control the participants flow, contact medical in case of emergency. (you will never be alone, we are still trying to position 2-3 volunteers on the posts during the day)
- Registration: Welcome of participants, giving the Spartan pack…
- Management of the Bag Check: Welcome of participants, reception and distribution of racers bag.
- Start and Finish Line operations: Final aid station, t-shirts distribution, management of the flow, organisation of the start and control.
- Aid stations: hand out drinks and snacks to the racers on the course
What’s in it for me?
- A free race entry code* depending of your volunteer day:
- A Spartan Volunteer Shirt
- A Spartan Volunteer Cap
- A lunch box for the day
- A lot of fun and experiences during the day helping to make the event successful!
SEE HERE the 2021 Official Volunteers Rewards!
If you need more information about the volunteer code, please consult our special “FAQ volunteer section”
How do I sign up?
Follow these simple steps!
STEP 1: Select the pots you are interested in from the drop down, and fill out your information. Each post require your presence specific days and you can only choose 1 role. Make sure to pay special attention when typing your email address, because this is how we will get in touch with you. You will receive information about 10 days before the event..
STEP 2: Pay close attention to your mailbox, especially when the race gets closer. Our Volunteer Coordinator will send you all information regarding the event.
STEP 3: BURPEES. Make sure you know how to do a proper burpee HERE!
STEP 4: Show up! If you sign up, we expect you to show up. We need you!
One last thing, do not forget to join our Volunteer Facebook Group!
Join the group to talk about your Spartan Volunteer experience or to ask your questions!
Thank you, Spartan Volunteers!